Monday 19 September 2011

MAGNIFICENT - U2




Magnificent
Oh, oh, magnificent

I was born, I was born
To be with you in this space and time
After that and ever after
I haven't had a clue only to break rhyme
This foolishness can leave a heart black and blue, oh, oh

Only love, only love can leave such a mark
But only love, only love can heal such a scar

I was born, I was born to sing for you
I didn't have a choice but to lift you up
And sing whatever song you wanted me to
I give you back my voice from the womb
My first cry, it was a joyful noise, oh, oh

Only love, only love can leave such a mark
But only love, only love can heal such a scar
Justified, till we die you and I will magnify, oh, oh
Magnificent, magnificent, oh, oh

Only love, only love can leave such a mark
But only love, only love unites our hearts
Justified, till we die you and I will magnify, oh, oh
Magnificent, magnificent, magnificent

magnificent 
adjective
1 impressively beautiful, elaborate, or extravagant; striking : a dramatic landscape of magnificent mountains | the interior layout is magnificent.
2 very good; excellent : she paid tribute to their magnificent efforts.

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! 1 John 3:1

We were born to love and be loved by God our Father, now and forever. This love is magnificent, a magnificent love, from a magnificent God. 

It was God’s love for us, that allowed His Son Jesus to be marked  with nail holes in his hands and feet. Jesus became a sacrifice for us, with our sins put on him, so that we can be ‘justified till we die’.

It was God’s love for his Son, Jesus, that saw him raised up from the dead, and declared to be the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. 

When we reflect on the magnificence of God’s love, we want to sing for joy, and praise Him, and magnify him with our praises. 

It is God’s love that unites our hearts. 



No comments:

Post a Comment