Sunday 11 September 2011

Nicki Minaj - Fly Featuring Rihanna




This is a great song of victory. 

I love the video too, that out of the desolation hope comes, in the form of blooming flowers, a hope that things will get better. 
And when she whips the ninjas trying to attack her, and is fearless. A really good image of strength. 

It is so important for us to have a winning attitude as we approach the hardships of life. 

Just like Paul the apostle wrote nearly 2000 years ago, ‘ Do you not know that in a race all the runers run, but only one gets the prize? Run is such a way as to get the prize...Therefore I do no run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air.  1 Corinthians 10:24-26

And again ‘...in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of god that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:37-39

God wants us to be prosperous and successful. He said to Joshua ‘Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be carful to do everything written in it. Then you wil be prosperous and successful.'  

‘but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint.’ Isaiah 10:31



I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise
To fly
To fly

I wish today it will rain all day
Maybe that will kinda make the pain go away
Trying to forgive you for abandoning me
Praying but I think I’m still an angel away
Angel away, yeah strange in a way
Maybe that is why I chase strangers away
They got their guns out aiming at me
But I become near when they aiming at me
Me, me, me against them
Me against enemies, me against friends
Somehow they both seem to become one
A sea full of sharks and they all see blood
They start coming and I start rising
Must be surprising, I’m just summising
Win, thrive, soar, higher, higher, higher
More fire

I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise
To fly
To fly

Everybody wanna try to box me in
Suffocating everytime it locks me in
Paint they own pictures than they crop me in
But I will remain where the top begins

Cause I am not a word, I am not a line
I am not a girl that can every be defined
I am not fly, I am levitation
I represent an entire generation
I hear the criticism loud and clear
That is how I know that the time is near
So we become alive in a time of fear
And I aint got no muthaf-cking time to spare
Cry my eyes out for days upon days
Such a heavy burden placed upon me
But when you go hard your nay’s become yay’s
Yankee Stadium with Jay’s and Kanye’s

I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise
To fly
To fly

Get ready for it
Get ready for it
Get ready for it
I came to win
Get ready for it
Get ready for it
I came to win

I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise
To fly
To fly






No comments:

Post a Comment